This is a diary of my adventures in the murky sea of online dating...

Monday, July 5, 2010

Why Am I Doing This?

Yesterday was my 38th birthday. That's right; I'm a firecracker!

Yesterday also marked the one year anniversary of the day the love of my life ~The1~ (not his real name, obviously) broke up with me.

We had been together for almost a year and a half, and I was more in love with this man that I had ever been in love with any man in my entire life. He was the one I wanted to 'put a ring on it'.

You see, I have never been married. It's not that I haven't been asked...I just haven't been asked by the right man. Being single has never bothered me before, but for some reason I have begun to feel the need, an urgency almost, to find a husband.

Did I mention that I have 5 kids?

Yes, 5 kids. I have raised these kids with out the help of their fathers (the oldest 3 have a different father than the youngest 2). From oldest to youngest they are: 19, 18, 13, 7 and 6.

So not only do I want to find a husband, I also want to find a suitable father figure for my children. My oldest son doesn't live at home anymore; he is shacked up with his pregnant girlfriend and her mom.

Did I mention that I'm going to be a grandma next month?

Where was I? That's right, my kids...my oldest son couldn't care less who I date or if I date. My oldest daughter wants me to date, but she also loves to give me her opinion of who I date. My middle daughter is all for me dating, as long as I don't expect her to babysit her little brother and sister while I go on said dates. As for my youngest 2...they were very attached to ~The1~ and had a hard time dealing with the break up. The only thing they have ever said about me dating is, "Mommy, can you find a boyfriend that has a swimming pool?"

My kids have standards you know.

I decided to start this blog because honestly, my experiences are too funny not to share...

These are my stories...

No comments:

Post a Comment